Lighthouse

Friday, March 27, 2009

Be Blessed

While walking with a brother this morning, he told me a wonderful piece good new, of course, it did not come easy. He has to go thru "sort of" a valley of the shadow of "death" before the Lord brought him to Elim, where there were twelve wells of water and seventy palm trees; (Exo 15:27). Glory be to GOD!
And that remind me of my own experience while my dad went for his 2nd "balloon" surgery for his heart recently. My dad was asked to sign a form where he was told by the doctor that in this surgery, there are 3% chances where it will go wrong, causing him to suffer stroke or heart failure, and it will be a 2 hrs surgery.
At the moment, to me, it was like a clean sheet of paper having a "tiny black dot" on it. That "black dot" signified that 3% failure in the surgery. Although i pray and pray, but somehow i was still drawn to think of that tiny "black dot" instead of the other 97% successful. Full of fear and anxiety :) And after waiting for over 4 hours instead of 2 hours, that tiny black dot seem to be bigger and bigger. After waiting for almost 5 hours, finally, my dad was push back to the ward. The reason for the delay? well, it was due to a emergency case that the doctor have to attend to before attending to my dad :( and praise the Lord, my dad is well and normal now. But i believe, thru this, my dad got to know a name : LORD JESUS CHRIST!., to me, i was once again being trained by the Lord with regards to how much do i really cast my cares upon HIM, and believe that whatever it is, Jesus doeth all things well.
Dearest brothers and sisters, Isn't this what we are going thru daily. We just like to focus on that tiny "black dot" on a piece of clean sheet instead of the other 97% of the clean sheet. Oh, how we need the Lord Jesus Christ to preserve and sustain us daily. So often, we are lost when we face with so many problems in our lives, full of fears and anxiety.

May we learn to cast our care on HIM and continue to believe in HIM what comes may. You know, saints, before the Lord brought my dear brother to "Elim" where there were wells of water, while he was in the midst of the valley, althought he felt sad and despair, he did not blame or give up the LORD, yet he continue to pursue and before he realised, he reached not one but 12 wells of water, not one, but 70 palm trees. Be Blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home