Lighthouse

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Children, do obey , love and pray for your parents

When reading through your blog, I felt some verses could also be used to describe how as children we should also learn to love and pray for our earthly parents. Sometimes we tend to end up in quarrels with our parents, or vice versa, and I was very touched by the prayer about "Lord, please change me",if only we could practice such a prayer everyday... oh so beautiful.....

"Dear LORD, please, I need your help. Change me, I pray. Change how I respond to my parents when I am tired or cranky. Fill me with Your Holy Love that I may be the child You created me to be that I may have the desire and love for my parents that You intended for parents and children to share in unity. Help me to know their needs, being sensitive to all that is going on in their each and every day. Grant me understanding and patience. Show me where I need to change to be a godly child, pleasing You, LORD."

It was the email that i have received this morning from a brother after reading “how to say I love you” in the marriage blog. I told him that i will tried to share something along this line.


The fact :

Before we are saved:

Eph 2:1-2

and *you*, being dead in your offences and sins-- in which ye once walked according to the age of this world, according to the ruler of the authority of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience:


And this is the fruits of the flesh that works in the son of disobedience

Eph 4:29-31

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.


We are rebellious by default because we were born sinner

Psa 51:5 Behold, in iniquity was I brought forth, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

Deu 9:23-24

And when the LORD sent you from Kadesh-barnea, saying, 'Go up and take possession of the land that I have given you,' then you rebelled against the commandment of the LORD your God and did not believe him or obey his voice. You have been rebellious against the LORD from the day that I knew you.


After we are saved

Fruit of the Spirit

Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Gal 5:23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.


And if anyone says, “I love God”.....

1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.

1Jo 4:20 If anyone says, "I love God," and hates his brother (parents), he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

Our attitude as children

Pro 1:8 Hear, my son, your father's instruction, and forsake not your mother's teaching,

Eph 6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.

Eph 6:2 "Honor your father and mother" (this is the first commandment with a promise),

Eph 6:3 "that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land."


Example from our Lord Jesus Christ

Luk 2:51 And he went down with them and came to Nazareth and was submissive to them. And his mother treasured up all these things in her heart.

Luk 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home