Lighthouse

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Walk with God

I was sharing with the saints yesterday the important of having a daily relationship with our dear Lord Jesus Christ. Not weekly, monthly or yearly as i do hear from people that there only worship God once a year. Did not me to mention which day was that.
To have a daily relationship with God means to have a daily walk with HIM ie Begin the day and End the day with prayer and thankgiving, tks HIM for all the meals, as He is our Provider. Turn to HIM in prayer if you do face some difficulties along the day.
One of the blessing that i have received from the above of having a relationship/walk with HIM was the voice and enjoying thru the experiences that i have in my daily walk.
Eg 1: Yesterday morning while going for the Lord's day meeting, Benette (mu younger son) was asking my wife the need of street light and my wife replied was : "it is important as it acts as a safety guide for the motorist." and at that moment, i recalled the Lord says: Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path. (Psa 119:105). And that is why we need His words daily, is for safety. So much more when sometime we walk among the darkness.
Eg 2: Brought Bryan (my second child) to a barber shop. "How you want the hair style", "do you want to keep or cut the "side-burn" all that i replied was :short and cut the "side-burn" . All my son did was just sit there and cut. Just like a lamb. Without a word, he accept his father instruction and led the barber cut his hair. Of course, i would like my son to have a nice cut and look nice on him. That moment as i watch him cutting his hair, i was reminded that how good if i am able to be just like my son, act according to mine instruction. And so i pray that i can be a lamb before my God. Do all things without reasoning and murmuring whatever HE has prepared me along the way. Trust and obey, for there is no other ways. To be happy in Jesus, just to trust and obey. Be blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home