Lighthouse

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Precious Lesson that i have learnt

Whenever we think of Martha, we think of this : "But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me." (Luke 10:40), and so she is called "The Complaint Martha"
Whenever we think of Thomas, we think of this : "The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he (Thomas) said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe." (John 20:25), and so, he is called :"Doubting Thomas".

And it seem that it is much easier for us to remember someone fault or than the strength and far worst, we, having to love to gossip, would prefer to dwell and continue to talk and spread about his or her weakness and faults, right? But thank and Praise the Lord, my Lord and my Saviour showed me a precious lesson that we all have to learn. Now let us look at the following verses concerning Martha and Thomas.

Firstly, do you know that without the doubting of Thomas towards our Lord, we will not have this precious and important verse that was spoken by our Lord, and this : Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed." (John 20:29).

Secondly, as for Martha? pls read the following verses :
"Now Martha said to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that whatever You ask of God, God will give You." Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again." Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" She said to Him, "Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world." ((John 11:21-27)

Thomas may have doubt, but when he see the Lord, he said "My Lord and My God" (John 20:28), Martha may be complaint and murmuring, but she is a sister who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. She has such a strong faith. After all, both have their strength too. Let us learn this precious lesson. Look at the strength of our colleagues, friends and brothers and sisters in the Lord. We need HIM to help us to stop talking about bad things of others. Be Blessed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home