Lighthouse

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Serving HIM is the Most Glorious thing.

This is our God and our Lord. He is THE ONE who made Heaven, Honor, Majesty, Strength and Gladness belong to HIM, belong to HIM. Do you see how Great a GOD we have and yet how often we see ourselves "greater" than HE IS? Lately i have this "strong" disturbing feeling within me concerning serving our GREAT GOD. Because i feel that many of us do not feel "proud" of serving our Lord. i hope you understand the word "proud". it speak of our attitude, our zeal, or priority and above all, to feel honour. i mean who are we to serve HIM, yet it is HIS LOVE that attract me to give myself to HIM. Be it serving HIM full-time or serving HIM while we have our own job.
Compare to the secular world, our attitude toward our job, especially if you have be hired by a renowned company, you will tell yourself, i will give my "101%", isn't it? but when come to serve our Lord, where is our zeal. Well, many of us would say that we are tied down by our work. Putting HIM in our least priority.

Mar 8:36 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul?
Mar 8:37 Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
Mat 6:21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
I pray that our Lord will reveal to all of us that the most Glorious thing in our life is to serve HIM.
I remember this hymn :
The Greatest thing in my life is knowing YOU.
The Greatest thing in my life is loving YOU.
The Greatest thing in my life is serving YOU.
It is an honour that we can serve HIM, not because we can, but HE IS ABLE. Shalom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home